Patches: What are Stem Cells?
ON THIS PAGE YOU WILL FIND
- What are Stem Cells?
- Stem Cells: The Problem & the Solution (images)
- “X39™ & Stem Cells” – a David Schmidt webinar
✓ Stem Cells are the master cells and building blocks of the entire body
✓ It is their job to naturally repair and renew
✓ Stem cells are found throughout the body in various tissues and organs
✓ Stem cells replenish dying cells and regenerate damaged tissue by entering the bloodstream, where they migrate to areas most in need of repair and renewal
1. REPAIR SYSTEM: In adults, stem cells serve as the body’s repair system
- Stem cells possess the capability of dividing to replenish themselves
- Stem cells are cells that have the potential to change into other types of cells in the body during growth and development
2. DIFFERENTIATION: Stem cells also possess the capability of turning into specialized organ cells in a process called differentiation
- It is through stem cell differentiation that stem cells can replace damaged organ cells
- It is through the replacement of damaged cells by new organ cells – derived from stem cells – that regeneration occurs
- Since stem cells are the precursor to every cell in the body, the potential exists to regenerate the body from damage, even entire organs or entire limbs
- The use of stem cells to treat human diseases is now termed regenerative medicine.